MY CURRENT PROJECT

For some reason, I love every season in the province of British Columbia. The winters are beautiful whether it snows or not. The Spring is amazing, especially in Victoria - aptly named the 'Garden City'. Summer is hot and fall is my perfect weather. Victoria, in my opinion, has the best weather in Canada and BC is indeed rightly 'sloganned or mottoed' the Best Place on Earth. There is something very invigorating about the environment. That might be why lots of people move here when they retire. These days, the trend has seen people of all ages - from teens to seniors - moving to Vancouver Island. 

You may be wondering, "What does this have to do with books and writing?"

You have to remember that I live on this beautiful island. The impact this will have on my stories are yet to be seen. OCEAN'S DAUGHTER is an island story but not about this island.

I have recently begun the revision of my first manuscript that is set, mostly, in Victoria, BC. It is a book that pays close attention to the weather, seeing it through the eyes of a new immigrant to Canada who had always lived in tropical climate.

I have always said that the revision stage of a manuscript is like climbing Mt. Everest. It is such a herculian task that one tends to lose focus easily. The revision stage can be likened to experiencing all four seasons: winter, spring, summer and autumn. Winter represents for some the period of dryness, discouragement and for others calm, collectedness.... I am sure you can fill in the gaps. There are no universal or cast in stone answers. Like writing, it is solitary and individualistic.

So, how do you ensure steady progress during the revision stage?

For me, keeping my goals in sight helps some.

No comments:

Post a Comment